Vilnius - The church of St. Anna - Vilnius Lithuanian capital

SEARCH HOTELS


Arrival
Departure

Useful info:

some practical information for visiting Vilnius

Read »

News

Customer care

Customer care


Vilnius - The church of St. Anna


One of the most beloved monuments in town, the church lies on the bank of river Vilnia, and was named after Anna, the wife of King Vytaus, who ordered its construction in 1394 to provide pilgrims, passengers and German people with their own place of worship. The present Gothic brick construction was actually introduced by the Franciscans between 1495 and 1500, whereas the last reconstruction dates back to 1582, after a big fire had seriously damaged the structure. The successful combination of Gothic and Flamboyant Gothic makes it a splendid monument, so beautiful as to persuade UNESCO to include the entire Old Town in the list of the World Human Heritage Sites.

The church of  St. Anna Vilnius


What to see in Vilnius


» The Cathedral and the bell tower

» Pilies Street (Castle Street) and Gediminas Avenue

» The National Museum and the University

» Television Tower

» Gedimina's Tower and funicular

» The church of St. Anna

» The Gate of Dawn (1503-1522)

» Museum of the Victim of the Genocide

/html>